tirsdag 1. september 2009

My hometowns

For as long as I can remember, my mom and my dad has lived seperate lives. Therefore, I have two hometowns, and as I spend a year in the US, I feel that Chaska is a place where I belong as well. Because of that, I actually have three hometowns where I feel like I'll always be welcome, so in this post I'll tell you guys some information about all three of them.

My mother lives in a house in Dønski, which lies a few kilometers out from Sandvika. The name has earned quite the reputation over the years, as many immigrants were housed there starting in the late 1980s. Many people jokingly call Dønski the ghetto, but that's just because they've never been there before. Dønski is a great place to grow up, being close to soccer fields, schools and other commericial buildings. There's also a lot of kids there, so you rarely see a kid playing by him or herself.

My dad moved to Frogner, which is a part of Oslo. He lives in an apartment with his partner and my stephsister. Frogner is known to be " one of the better parts of Oslo," as many wealthy citizens live there. I oppose that, because most of the people living there are just old and irritated, like they didn't have time to live their life. The few good things about Frogner is that it's close to one of the biggest movie theaters in Norway, and there's several beautiful parks there that people can stroll through all year around.

My third and last hometown is Chaska, which is a city to the south-west of Minneapolis in the middle of the United States. The city lies within Carver County, which is considered to be a suburb of the Twin Cities. I lived there for a year, and it was really exciting to live the life of an American student.

Mathias~

1 kommentar:

  1. Hi Mathias.
    It's interesting to see that you have included three different hometowns in your blog post. As you might know, I have also lived in various places during my childhood.
    I have one question for you: which place do you consider your favorite?

    SvarSlett